NC 4-H Teen Congress
Dates: July 19-22, 2021
Agenda: Click for the tentative agenda. This is a working document and will be updated and more information added as available.
Cost: $65 per delegate – includes t- shirt and conference materials (will be mailed to your home address as listed in 4-H Online).
Ages: This event is open to all 4-H youth ages 13-18.
Limit: This event is open to the first 300 youth who register.
Registration: Registration is now open and will remain open through June 23 unless spaces fill before that date. Youth will register using the events tab in 4-H Online. 4-H Youth who meet the criteria can see the event in 4-H Online, and can register; however, Agents must approve the registration to complete the process. Registration closes on June 23.
Purpose:4-H Congress is an annual educational event sponsored by North Carolina 4-H and planned by the State 4-H Council and Congress Advisory Committee. North Carolina 4-H’ers ages 13-18 are invited to participate in this annual event. The major purposes of NC 4-H Congress are:
- To perpetuate the reputation of 4-H as a major state-wide educational program.
- To improve delegates’ knowledge of current issues through educational experiences such as speakers, discussion groups, workshops, etc.
- To provide an opportunity to develop and exercise leadership skills through serving on committees and participating in certain programs.
- To provide an opportunity for delegates to participate in the democratic process through campaigning for and electing state 4-H officers.
- To provide recreational and social experiences for delegates.
- To select winners in presentations and certain activities through state contests.
- To provide recognition for project, activity, and scholarship winners.
For more information, email, April Bowman, Extension Agent, Livestock, Forages, and 4-H Youth Development at email@example.com or call 336-703-2855.