AgVentures Grant Program
Find this article at:
NC AgVentures, a NC Extension program, provides grants to NC independent farmers for new and innovative agricultural project ideas that will increase farm profits. The program will award an average of $5,000 to $10,000 per grant. NC AgVentures program will award a minimum of 20 grants to agriculturally dependent farm families in the following counties: Duplin, Edgecombe, Forsyth, Greene, Guilford, Harnett, Johnston, Lenoir, Martin, Nash, Pitt, Rockingham, Sampson, Stokes, Surry, Wayne, Wilson, and Yadkin. The FINAL application deadline is 3 p.m. on January 11, 2019. Farmers are strongly encouraged to submit rough applications by December 14th to their county agricultural agent for feedback. Visit our staff directory if you aren’t sure who the best agent is to work with for the subject of your grant.
- The average grant is $5,000–$10,000
- Producers provide 15% cost share
- A minimum of 20 projects will be funded
- Applicants must work with an Agent on project proposals
- The applications will be in Google Drive format
- Deadline for final submission is Jan. 11, 2019
There is a workshop at the N.C. Cooperative Extension, Rockingham County Center on Dec. 3 at 1 p.m. to learn more.
To request an application form please visit their webpage.