Youth Are Invited to Enter a Photo Showing How They Love Dairy for a Chance to Win $100
Youth ages 5-19 are invited to submit an original photograph (that they took) that shows how you do. Incorporate the theme and logo in your photo. This contest replaces the annual Dairy Poster Contest.
Please note the following rules:
1. Competition in this contest will be conducted on an individual basis in Division I (9-12 years of age), Division II (13-15 years of age), and Division III (16-19 years of age) at the county and state level. Youth in Division IV (5-8 years of age) will participate on a non-competitive basis at the county level only. Youth in Division IV may choose to still enter a poster, rather than a photograph, in the local contest. Youth MUST be members of Forsyth County 4-H in order to participate.
2. Entries can be a singular photo or incorporate up to 3 photos (collage). Entries with multiple photos can be mounted on poster board. All photos should be 8×10 and will be submitted electronically as .jpeg files as well as a printed copy will be mailed. If mounted, poster board should be no larger than 24 x 24in.
3. Photos MUST NOT contain copyright material such as cartoon characters, etc. Photos also should not contain any personal identifiers or information (including farm names), without written permission of the owner.
4. All photos submitted must be the original work by youth entrant and will be accompanied by a photo copyright release form. These photos will be displayed at the State Fair in October 2018. Winning photos also will be displayed on social media (Facebook and Twitter).
5. Photos must be received by Friday, August 24, 2018 to April Bowman, at firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Files should be saved as a .jpeg and the file name should contain the county and last name of the participant (e.x. DairyPhoto_Forsyth_Bowman). Printed copies will not be returned so retain the original copy.
All photos at the state competition in Division I, II, and III will be displayed in a prominent place during the dairy shows in the Jim Graham Building at the NC State Fair.
The following awards will be provided to state winners in Division I, Division II, and Division III by The Dairy Alliance: • First Place: $100 cash • Second Place: $75 cash • Third Place: $50 cash NOTE:
Each photo must be accompanied by a completed DAIRY PHOTO CONTEST ENTRY FORM AND SCORECARD.
Questions: Call April Bowman, Extension Agent, Livestock, Forages and 4-H Youth Development 336-703-2855 or email email@example.com.