Master Gardener Fall Plant Sale Sept 13-14
The annual Forsyth Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Plant Sale is the principal fundraiser to support Extension Master Gardener projects and outreach programs for adults and children throughout Forsyth County. This sale includes a wide variety of beautiful native plants and non aggressive ornamentals; this year rain barrels and a selection of gently-used garden accessories will be available too.
The sale will open Friday, Sept. 13, at 9 a.m. and close at 6 p.m. On Saturday, Sept. 14, the sale continues from 9 a.m. to noon. The plant sale takes place rain or shine at the Forsyth County Cooperative Extension Office at 1450 Fairchild Rd, Winston-Salem.
Every year Extension Master Gardener Volunteers contribute thousands of hours to educational programs promoting home gardening in our community. Our volunteers assist the Forsyth Cooperative Extension staff with
- answering questions from area gardeners
- developing, expanding and maintaining a Demonstration Garden at the Forsyth County Agriculture Building
- developing, expanding and maintaining the Arboretum at Tanglewood Park
- serving as mentors for dozens of community gardens
- teaching topics to school groups and community groups
- marketing at public events such as the Triad Home and Garden Show and the Dixie Classic Fair.
In addition to plants generously donated by local nurseries and garden centers, Master Gardener Volunteers have propagated and grown a variety of plants for the sale. For a list of these plants, visit the 2013 Plant Sale inventory.
For those who want to shop over the lunch hour, grilled hot dogs, cold drinks and baked goods will be sold Friday from noon to 1 p.m.
For more information, contact Kathy Hepler at 336-703-2852 or firstname.lastname@example.org
EMGV Plant Sale Flyer
Care to tell us why? Send Explanation